Charles Maxwell

More Sheratan info!

DarkAge_Republic_Worlds.pdf

Hey, gang! I found two additional gems about Sheratan. First up is this ultra-low-rez planetary map from 2003:

image.png.bcdbc611cae9fd9d4c940207989f0b89.png

which appears in the 'Republic Worlds' primer from MechWarrior: Dark Age (attached to this forum post).

The second item of interest is an image of Sheratan itself, as it appears in the latest BattleTech and MechWarrior video games:

image.thumb.png.4bbfdc690ac17daaa6b2d3d7b6f93d71.png

Apparently, it has rings, which is honestly kinda cool. Just thought it'd be neat to share some visuals of our local stomping grounds.

• Like 1

Nice that is pretty cool, also love the visuals of the planet having rings. Nice to see that we unknowingly got it right putting Site 187 to the South of Gellen's Heights, lol. Nice find.

Thanks! I don't know how I missed the map before. I must have come across Sheratan shortly before or during LinkNet's retirement. It's a shame that it doesn't exist anymore. It was the first and only official interactive atlas of the Inner Sphere that I'm aware of.

Nice, I really like the detailed global picture of our new homeworld!

Wonder if that means we can hide some sensors in the rings to detect incoming Dropships?

Nobody can approach the planet without being discovered.

That would make a lot of sense. With such a major spaceport (and in a pretty active area close to Earth), you'd want to know what was coming and going on a regular basis.