Mek_Master

Next Mission for the Aegis Division

Posted (edited)

So Believe it or not I found someone who might be willing to run our missions as the OPFOR.

So the question is what are we running? Ares, OB1, Perseus, and Tyche?

No other units in battle?

Which planet are we fighting on? Still Kimball II?

Same Dieron Regulars as enemies?

Anyhow, here is where I have the Aegis Division currently.

Aegis Division30281116_Mission2_Pre2.cpnx

Edited by Mek_Master

Looks awesome! Thanks for sharing this one. I'm tempted to suggest we take that sweet Marauder for a test drive on the next outing...

We do in fact have other units available, and with the nice salvage we picked up, we've got 'Mechs for them, too! I guess I need to get a couple of the other Aegis pilots added in, huh? Since they're with us on the DropShip, after all, and available for action.

Before I do that, though, can we test to see if you can open a file I've edited? I know that last time, we had some difficulties. The edit I made to this file was to remove the reference to 'Craven' from the top-level hierarchy and rename it to 'Aegis Division,' since the Crayven Corporation is a separate entity. I've attached the edited unit here.

On that subject - would we be able to rename our Discord from 'Cravens Server' to 'Crayven Corp MercNet' to capture our in-universe flavor and mirror the site name?

In terms of our next mission, I'm thrilled that we have someone interested in playing the OpFor! It makes sense to do another deployment on Kimball II. It would be a shame to come all of this way, be so successful, and only leave after embarrassing one group of Kuritans. I think a rescue might be in order this time. With the Ceres Metals plant secured, we'll discover, much to our horror, that Ceres' CEO, Duke Kingston Rivoli, has been taken prisoner and is being held by the Kuritans in the city center. Hauptmann Vogel has his hands full with other drops being made by the Third Dieron Regulars across the planet, and so he's tapped us to help. We'll need to fight our way to the PhoodCo Industries high-rise downtown, and insert a team into the building to extract Kingston alive. Once again, we'll be paired with the Gray Death Legion, who will be providing the infantry to enter the building - our concern will be the BattleMech presence and transporting Kingston out of the area once he's been secured. Sound good?

Aegis Division Mission 2 Pre 2 Edited.cpnx

3 hours ago, Charles Maxwell said:

Looks awesome! Thanks for sharing this one. I'm tempted to suggest we take that sweet Marauder for a test drive on the next outing...

We do in fact have other units available, and with the nice salvage we picked up, we've got 'Mechs for them, too! I guess I need to get a couple of the other Aegis pilots added in, huh? Since they're with us on the DropShip, after all, and available for action.

Before I do that, though, can we test to see if you can open a file I've edited? I know that last time, we had some difficulties. The edit I made to this file was to remove the reference to 'Craven' from the top-level hierarchy and rename it to 'Aegis Division,' since the Crayven Corporation is a separate entity. I've attached the edited unit here.

On that subject - would we be able to rename our Discord from 'Cravens Server' to 'Crayven Corp MercNet' to capture our in-universe flavor and mirror the site name?

In terms of our next mission, I'm thrilled that we have someone interested in playing the OpFor! It makes sense to do another deployment on Kimball II. It would be a shame to come all of this way, be so successful, and only leave after embarrassing one group of Kuritans. I think a rescue might be in order this time. With the Ceres Metals plant secured, we'll discover, much to our horror, that Ceres' CEO, Duke Kingston Rivoli, has been taken prisoner and is being held by the Kuritans in the city center. Hauptmann Vogel has his hands full with other drops being made by the Third Dieron Regulars across the planet, and so he's tapped us to help. We'll need to fight our way to the PhoodCo Industries high-rise downtown, and insert a team into the building to extract Kingston alive. Once again, we'll be paired with the Gray Death Legion, who will be providing the infantry to enter the building - our concern will be the BattleMech presence and transporting Kingston out of the area once he's been secured. Sound good?

Aegis Division Mission 2 Pre 2 Edited.cpnx 856.08 kB · 0 downloads

The campaign file looks good.

The server name has been renamed.

I was given the OPFOR force for the Rescue of Kingston Rivoli, assuming we rescue with just the 4 mechs. More will be added if we are able to place more pilots into the mechs we recovered.

Awesome, thank you so much, @Mek_Master!

Should I go ahead and build the pilots into this campaign file now that we've confirmed that you can open it? I estimate that we will be able to field a full lance of four 'Mechs (Eden, Foxglove, Traveler, and Dutch), along with @Steve Jenkins in his Dragon (assuming that he wants to participate instead of being botted this time). In reviewing where everyone is, we also have Dexter Friedman available to us, so that would bring us to six 'Mechs. We can't field Marius, as he's our MechCommander and is not really rated beyond a scout 'Mech.

@Steve Jenkins, let me know if you'd like me to build you a pilot, unless you've got one already that you want to send over? Basically, I would just need the details we were discussing in A General Chat Thread concerning character builds. Alternatively, if you can give me a detailed description of your pilot's abilities as you see them, I can try to map them to existing skills.

16 hours ago, Charles Maxwell said:

Awesome, thank you so much, @Mek_Master!

Should I go ahead and build the pilots into this campaign file now that we've confirmed that you can open it? I estimate that we will be able to field a full lance of four 'Mechs (Eden, Foxglove, Traveler, and Dutch), along with @Steve Jenkins in his Dragon (assuming that he wants to participate instead of being botted this time). In reviewing where everyone is, we also have Dexter Friedman available to us, so that would bring us to six 'Mechs. We can't field Marius, as he's our MechCommander and is not really rated beyond a scout 'Mech.

@Steve Jenkins, let me know if you'd like me to build you a pilot, unless you've got one already that you want to send over? Basically, I would just need the details we were discussing in A General Chat Thread concerning character builds. Alternatively, if you can give me a detailed description of your pilot's abilities as you see them, I can try to map them to existing skills.

I think adding more pilots should be fine... though it will mean longer battles to have to be played out in Megamek... and more importantly is our logistical problem, we only have a Leopard DS, so can never easily transport more than our best 4 mechs and pilots. Just saying...

That's a good point, although with Hassan and Carlyle off doing things with the Gray Death Legion again, we actually break even. In their place would be Dexter and Steve, both of whom are already onboard. Steve's 'Mech can come with us in Bay 4 on the Leopard. Dexter can temporarily run the Marauder, which we can then ship home later.

I do think we ought to shop around for a larger DropShip soon. But first, we need to buy that property back on Sheratan!

I'll go ahead and get character profiles pulled together tomorrow - Steve, let me know if you have any objections. I believe I owe folks posts on the Kimball II and Gan Singh fronts tonight!

Posted (edited)
On 3/8/2020 at 7:04 PM, Charles Maxwell said:

@Mek_Master, new campaign file is attached with a new profile for Dexter Friedman, basic pilot build for @Steve Jenkins (Steve, please let me know what other skills, if any, Steve should have), and updates to Charles and Alexander.

Please let me know if you can open it successfully!

Aegis Division Mission 2 Pre 2 Edited.cpnx 866.95 kB · 2 downloads

Sorry for not replying in a while, I had to update my browser before I was able to reply to this topic.

I have taken care of Dexter => Marauder, and from Steve's previous post, assuming he drives a Stock Dragon 1N, I have GM added the Dragon 1N into the campaign file, so we should be ready for the next battle as long as we stay on Kimball II. When we try to leave Kimball II we'll face our logistical issues of lacking enough dropship space to move all our mechs.

Oh, also I noticed that Dexter might be better off if he identifies his in mech Pilot abilities... just saying.

So as long as these items are fact, and the Dragon was already owned at the time, then here is the updated campaign file attached.

... only question I have is ....   although Steve is currently GDL, he was also Kuritan born, and we now face Dieron Regulars, is there any sort of loyalty issue going on there, Steve Jenkins? ?

Aegis Division30281117_Mission2_Pre3.cpnx

Edited by Mek_Master

Wasn't quite sure where to put this, so I decided I'd put it in here rather than create a whole new thread for it at the moment.

Before the baby was born I was working on designing the Sheratan base at Site 187 that we were talking about using. In the lore of our original unit (The Legionnaires) this site was acquired from the Crayven Corporation and we thought now(ish) would be a good time for the Crayven Corporation/Aegis Division to acquire it themselves. That being said I have unfortunately lost the detailed original plans for the base from the early 2000's with the Legionnaires, but I was working on making a new set of plans. In the process of doing that I created a MegaMek map board that has the surface levels of the base roughly laid out. It's not entirely complete but I think it has all the important parts currently and thought I'd share it with you guys.

The facility is surrounded by a raised berm and 2 level high wall (it was an old missile silo base, then taken over and converted by local garrison before being partially decomissioned and sold off) and there are old weapon emplacements around the outside of the wall (currently empty). There is an Admin building and open air motor pool on top of Silo 1 (the right one in the map) as well as a covered motor pool/maintenance bay/warehouse that additionally provides employee access to the underground facilities on Silo 1 too.

Silo 2 is raised up and reinforced to provide a heavy duty industrial elevator that provides access to underground mech bays/repair facilities/vehicle bays/cargo. Along the south is a landing pad large enough to accomodate a Seeker or Union class dropship. There is an armoured building to provide emergency services and refueling. North of Silo 2, right beside the entrance is an open air hanger to provide additional parking for larger vehicles/whatever we want to put there, lol.

The map itself has Gellen's Heights to the North (off map) with a main road travelling along a river running roughly East/West. The base has a main entrance on the North side, another secondary "main" entrance on the East side, and a final employee only/emergency entrance/exit on the South side.

There are currently no underground portions due to limitations of the MegaMek map editor and my own limited skills with it. Also the buildings may not be accurately represented either but they should work mostly.

In the next few weeks I may get a chance to work on the actual site plans some more and if so I'll share them with you guys.

Let me know what you think ?

Sheratan - Site 187.board

• Like 1