Sign in to follow this  
Joker 4-1

New. Checking in.

Hello all. New here, checking in and looking around. I was introduced to this site over at BT international. Thank you. Look forward to learning. 

Hello, @Joker 4-1!

Welcome aboard!

We're absolutely delighted to have you here. I'm so glad that you'd like to join us. 

As I mentioned on the Facebook group, we are a free-form roleplay that's primarily driven by the creative posts of its individual members. mercenary units and a lone gun operating in the Inner Sphere at present. They are as follows:

Aegis Division, led by me, is a mercenary unit comprised of the characters in the Aegis Division portfolio, @Steve Jenkins, and  @Mek_Master. We're off on Kimball II right now, working a contract in support of Operation GÖTTERDÄMMERUNG. In our main RP thread,  The Universe - 3028, we've just re-taken the Ceres Metals factory from the Draconis Combine, and now we've been tapped to do an extraction raid to retrieve the CEO of Ceres Metals, who is being held hostage in the city core. We're always looking for new lancemates; have a look at our outfit and let me know! I can hold the roll on the action for a day or two if you want to join us in the assault; I have a MegaMek log you can use to guide you through the plot.

There's also the Crayven Corporation, led by @William Kauffman. Currently, they're leaving orbit of Gan Singh, where they were assisting @Jackson McKenna and @Agent Nathan Schmidt with an archaeological expedition. Jackson and Schmidt were successful in recovering a LosTech memory core out of the ancient Star League cache, and they are going to head back to Sheratan (where Aegis Division is based) to drop the core off to the client. If you'd like to start things off not in the middle of a firefight, and you'd like some PCs and NPCs to play off of, we can get you on this mission as part of the detachment aboard the DropShip (and you don't have to necessarily be a member of the Crayven Corporation - you could be a business associate, much as Hauptmann Albrecht and Agent Schmidt are).

I run both Aegis Division and the Crayven Corporation, so if either of these two options appeal to you, let me know. I can get you written in.

We also have @Orlex Jaeger on something of a lone gun mission at the moment, but he may be at a point in the story where he cold use a second set of hands. I'll let him fill in the details there.

Alternatively, if you'd like to start out on your own, feel free to jump in with an exposition post of your choosing!

Regardless of whether you join up with an existing team or dive into the action on your own, you'll need a character - do you have one in mind?

Edited by Charles Maxwell
Fixed font aberrations.

Thank you Charles for the invitation from FB and guidance! 

Good question, I’m really into exploring the Corporate side of battletech. I think it’s a gold mine of interesting drama and view point. One that isn’t explored much. And the Mercenary aspect with a corporation. 

I think my character would be Bishop Weyland, corporate mercenary. Former House Marik infantrymen/ sniper. Suffered a spinal injury that caused him to be transferred to light armored reconnaissance. He excelled at armor tactics. After 13 yeas of service he left to be a mercenary.  His first contract was security for a Interstellar Expedition archeological dig site.  Something horrific and evil happened at the site. He was one of a few survivors that walked away.  The incident was covered up . He has close ties to Interstellar Expedition and Irian Industries. 
Currently he’s a free agent looking for a new contract. 
Hope this helps . I can  be placed wherever. Let me know if you need more or less.  

6 hours ago, Joker 4-1 said:

Thank you Charles for the invitation from FB and guidance! 

Good question, I’m really into exploring the Corporate side of battletech. I think it’s a gold mine of interesting drama and view point. One that isn’t explored much. And the Mercenary aspect with a corporation. 

I think my character would be Bishop Weyland, corporate mercenary. Former House Marik infantrymen/ sniper. Suffered a spinal injury that caused him to be transferred to light armored reconnaissance. He excelled at armor tactics. After 13 yeas of service he left to be a mercenary.  His first contract was security for a Interstellar Expedition archeological dig site.  Something horrific and evil happened at the site. He was one of a few survivors that walked away.  The incident was covered up . He has close ties to Interstellar Expedition and Irian Industries. 
Currently he’s a free agent looking for a new contract. 
Hope this helps . I can  be placed wherever. Let me know if you need more or less.  

I love it! Welcome to the team. 🙂 I've got something teed up for you at the end of William's link, above. Let me know if you have any questions at all!

@Joker 4-1...welcome to MercNet!! So awesome to see this place growing. I'm your friendly neighborhood LIC intelligence agent, currently onboard the Crayven DropShip.

Let me know if you want an assist getting into the story!!

@Charles Maxwell...did you change your font? It's.......blinding, lol

Edited by Agent Nathan Schmidt
  • Like 1

On 3/27/2020 at 11:26 PM, Agent Nathan Schmidt said:

@Joker 4-1...welcome to MercNet!! So awesome to see this place growing. I'm your friendly neighborhood LIC intelligence agent, currently onboard the Crayven DropShip.

Let me know if you want an assist getting into the story!!

@Charles Maxwell...did you change your font? It's.......blinding, lol

Sorry about that. I posted the reply when our hosting company was having issues the other night. Things appear to have gone a little sideways, hahaha. I went ahead and fixed it.