I'm okay with that, I'll write a post tonight to expositionize what I had in mind before that. 

Question though........are you guys going to MegaMek the ground battle before the ship, and if so who do I send my 'plot twists' to? 

We've started. I’m having a hell of a time with MegaMek. Sorry apple is not fun for this part. 

Yikes. I'm sorry. Anything I can do to help? Is it the initial setup that's been challenging? I had a lot of technical strife at first as well. Once @Mek_Master got me through everything, though, it was smooth sailing from there on out.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Charles Maxwell said:

Awesome, thanks, guys! @MediBot, @Steve Jenkins, @Mek_Master, you good to go forward?

@Agent Nathan Schmidt, I believe that @Joker 4-1 and @Mek_Masterare collaborating on an OpFor - am I correct in my thinking?

Yeah I am ok with it... do we move our units via the 2 jumps or do you want to just appear there?

Most of our transit time is actually traveling to the jump points. Even if the jump distance is short, because the travel times are long, the actual time to Nirasaki is 28 days. I can shorten it to whatever you wish, just give the order, and I make it so.

?

Here is the actual calculated jump and travel times:

Map_to_Nirasaki.thumb.jpg.36cf1e6c4ad571c214aa622e5d7194ff.jpg

-Dutch (Master)

Edited by Mek_Master

Hey there, @Mek_Master -

This is Charles, coming to you live and direct from Jackson McKenna's account, since I was already logged in as him when I saw your update. 

Thanks, as always, for putting this plan together. Standard jump route and transit times are fine; thanks for checking. I believe @Agent Nathan Schmidt  ballparked our travel time in his last post as a month to get there, so 28 days to Nirasaki from the surface of Sheratan makes sense.

I'm going to drop a post as Jackson and then one as William; I believe @MediBot is going to tie up some loose threads with @Steve Jenkins. Was there anything else that you guys wanted to post as exposition in The Universe? I'm thinking that I can bookend our current time period with a summary from William.

@Mek_Master, @Joker 4-1, @Steve Jenkins, @Agent Nathan Schmidt, and @MediBot, we're good to go for the jump. I can intro us arriving into orbit of Nirasaki if you'd like, or if someone else wants to do it, that works as well.

The lay of the land is:

Mendacius is already there, running intel on our deployment site.

The bulk of Our Heroes are on the C.S.V. Republic.

Tana is present in the flotilla, under the command of Marius Lennox.

If we need to pause for a day or so to get our story elements in order, we can also do that.

Posted (edited)

Before we go, can I ask for the PC's that join us on the Tana and C.S.V. Republic do the following (OOC work):

So, what I think we need is to have all our new PC's make their character sheets for RP and/or Megamek? At least for all the folks that we are lifting off with, aboard the Tana or the C.S.V. Republic, before we travel from Sheratan to Nirasaki. Could we have all the PC's, or at least those that board the Tana and C.S.V. Republic, build their characters sheets, including their skills and abilities, so that we can then add them to the campaign file in megamek? This way we have their stats, and also know for what they might be useful for and what role they might play amongst the ship crew or ground crew of our ships. I think it would also be good to know their language skills, have any useful knowledge, or if they are on any "Wanted Posters", or hunted by the Yakuza, etc... as we head into Kuritan space. This would help prevent us from any unwanted conflicts that might sully the RP space more than any of our "Steve Jenkins" escapades.

Oh and to help our PC's, does anyone have strong preferences of what format they wish to build their Characters with, ie MW 2nd Ed, 3rd Ed, 4 Ed?

I have sheet a few character sheet formats we can use so players can work with something they are familiar with. But the bottom line is, I would prefer them to be in the character format of MekHQ which is a psrx file if players happen to have that knowledge.

Edited by Mek_Master