Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi, @Mek_Master! I'll leave the answering to Charles, but I just wanted to drop in and welcome you. I'm "new" but in the sense that I'm "returning new." I was with this group in its original form

The board file comes in fine, good job! ? The worst case scenario for your mechs and Pilots is that you may need to make them in Megamek and then we can just import the .mul file into MekHQ. We d

Posted Images

Hey, @Mek_Master!

That's awesome! Welcome to Aegis Division! I'm glad to have you join my unit. Your profile was a good read; I really liked the additional elements of worldbuilding you incorporated concerning McKenzie's various employment ventures - it makes total sense that he might go off the beaten path to find a fledgling unit such as ours! Here's my bio: Charles Edward Maxwell. It also includes some initial history about the unit as a whole.

Out of curiosity, did you have any thoughts about where you'd like to enter the story? Currently, Aegis Division is on Kimball II, about to liberate the Ceres Metals plant. Our planetfall happened at this point in the roleplay thread. An Awesome is a helluva ride - it could definitely come in useful for what we're about to encounter, should you choose to link up with us during the active campaign. Let me know!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Charles Maxwell said:

"Hey, @Mek_Master!

Out of curiosity, did you have any thoughts about where you'd like to enter the story? Currently, Aegis Division is on Kimball II, about to liberate the Ceres Metals plant. Our planetfall happened at this point in the roleplay thread. An Awesome is a helluva ride - it could definitely come in useful for what we're about to encounter, should you choose to link up with us during the active campaign. Let me know!"

Cool Charles,

I like the idea of jumping in at the first battle. What would you think about "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"? We can "join up" by either knowing each other from the past, and/or on the battlefield where perhaps either I am fighting your enemy when you arrive, or I can find you fighting my enemy when I arrive. Thoughts?

OOC: I didn't see anything where everyone identifies their skill levels, mech quirks, pilot abilities, etc..

How do you go about setting that for the megamek side?

Next question is when do you wish to play this out? Weeknights and some weekdays, besides fridays are best for me, but I can do a weekend if necessary. Lastly is the version of Megamek that you use and who does the hosting of games?

 

 

Edited by Mek_Master
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, @Mek_Master!

I'll leave the answering to Charles, but I just wanted to drop in and welcome you. I'm "new" but in the sense that I'm "returning new." I was with this group in its original form back from about 2005 to 2007 or there abouts, and then I was involved in some other non-BT projects with it. I'm not sure either what the format of the MegaMek battles will be, since we RP'd that part in the old version, but in terms of anything else, if you need a hand getting started, give me a shout. I'm waiting for Charles to give the green light to my entry into the story also - my character bio is here if you'd like to get to know Nathan in the mean time: 

 

Let me know if I can help you out with anything!!

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Mek_Master said:

Cool Charles,

I like the idea of jumping in at the first battle. What would you think about "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"? We can "join up" by either knowing each other from the past, and/or on the battlefield where perhaps either I am fighting your enemy when you arrive, or I can find you fighting my enemy when I arrive. Thoughts?

OOC: I didn't see anything where everyone identifies their skill levels, mech quirks, pilot abilities, etc..

How do you go about setting that for the megamek side?

Next question is when do you wish to play this out? Weeknights and some weekdays, besides fridays are best for me, but I can do a weekend if necessary. Lastly is the version of Megamek that you use and who does the hosting of games?

Hello again, @Mek_Master!

I love the idea of linking up mid-combat. There's a couple different scenarios that I can think of which we could pursue - which of these do you like the best and feel fits your character?

Option 1: Prior connections - sometime in the past, Charles and McKenzie worked alongside each other on one of Charles' Periphery contracts; possibly the evacuation of Smithon, which seems like it probably would have been an all-hands-on-deck situation involving every friendly asset available, regardless of unit cohesion, to get the civilians off the planet before the Directorate could wipe them out. Perhaps McKenzie found himself in the same planetside theater of engagement as the elements of Aegis Division, working together with them to get the DropShips offworld before each group went their separate ways. Years later, McKenzie and Charles find themselves brothers-in-arms again on Kimball II for the current campaign. This option seems least likely, as I don't recall seeing any mention of McKenzie getting out to the Periphery in his bio.

Option 2: McKenzie is either running lone gun as one of the mercenaries employed by the LCAF to help secure Kimball II, and happens to be involved in a running battle with some of the forces that are holding the Ceres Metals property when Aegis Division arrives on scene. McKenzie and Aegis Division work together to secure the plant, after which time, McKenzie signs on with the unit.

Option 3: McKenzie is the sole survivor of a mercenary unit that got totally obliterated on Kimball II. He's running for his life and crosses into the Ceres Metals operation, whereupon he and Aegis Division mount a defense to take out both the pursuers and the base defenders.

Let me know what you think? I kinda think Option 3 could give McKenzie a really sweet backstory.

In terms of MegaMek - we've only just started getting into the 'Mech combat aspect of the RP, so you've arrived at a really great time to help us figure out how to do it with human participants. The previous engagements have been human vs. AI. 

There are some character sheets for the non-Aegis folks. For the Aegis Division pilots, we hadn't formalized anything just yet, but I'm pretty sure it would be fairly easy for us to do so. Setting it for the MegaMek side pretty much meant it was understood that everyone was a 3/4 (due to their extensive experiences in the Periphery) except for Steve Jenkins, who went with 4/5. We could knock out full pilot sheets pretty quickly if needed, since we have all of the bios already hammered out. Are there any specific computer programs you like to use to generate characters?

We're set up with MegaMek 0.46.0 and have MekLab designs for all of the friendly units currently on Kimball II. I have no preference as to who would host - I can do it or you can - I don't think anyone else with Aegis Division has hosted before, unless I'm mistaken. Weeknights after 5 PM Eastern are good for me - Steve is in CST, if I'm not mistaken. In which time zone are you located?

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote
2 hours ago, Charles Maxwell said:

"Option 1: Prior connections - sometime in the past, Charles and McKenzie worked alongside each other on one of Charles' Periphery contracts; possibly the evacuation of Smithon, which seems like it probably would have been an all-hands-on-deck situation involving every friendly asset available, regardless of unit cohesion, to get the civilians off the planet before the Directorate could wipe them out. Perhaps McKenzie found himself in the same planetside theater of engagement as the elements of Aegis Division, working together with them to get the DropShips offworld before each group went their separate ways. Years later, McKenzie and Charles find themselves brothers-in-arms again on Kimball II for the current campaign. This option seems least likely, as I don't recall seeing any mention of McKenzie getting out to the Periphery in his bio.

Option 3: McKenzie is the sole survivor of a mercenary unit that got totally obliterated on Kimball II. He's running for his life and crosses into the Ceres Metals operation, whereupon he and Aegis Division mount a defense to take out both the pursuers and the base defenders.

Let me know what you think? I kinda think Option 3 could give McKenzie a really sweet backstory."

I actually like the idea of doing both Option 1 AND  Option 3. Which could work like this... Option 1, was in the past where we had run parallel contracts to help get the Civilians off of Smithon to safety. Then took our own units in separate directions once the contract was completed. Then for the current back story, I am the last remaining survivor of my current but soon to be former unit,  where we can reconnect and unite to help get revenge against the Base Defenders who destroyed most of the combat units  (that I was aware of) of my former merc group that was on planet. Any other newer players during this session could be added into this arc, by adding them in as other mechwarriors from my unit that had escaped this destruction.

"In terms of MegaMek - we've only just started getting into the 'Mech combat aspect of the RP, so you've arrived at a really great time to help us figure out how to do it with human participants. The previous engagements have been human vs. AI."

Great to hear it!

 

Quote

"Are there any specific computer programs you like to use to generate characters?"

No, I have no specific programs to flesh out the PCs to be ready for Megamek, but I do know that the primary PC stats remaining, that we would need to determine for use in Megamek, are their Edge Numbers, their Pilot attributes, and any initiative bonuses that any of the Pilots have.

 

We're set up with MegaMek 0.46.0 and have MekLab designs for all of the friendly units currently on Kimball II. I have no preference as to who would host - I can do it or you can - I don't think anyone else with Aegis Division has hosted before, unless I'm mistaken. Weeknights after 5 PM Eastern are good for me - Steve is in CST, if I'm not mistaken. In which time zone are you located?

I am PST, but after 5PM Eastern Time should work fine for me as well

 

 

 

Edited by Mek_Master
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Mek_Master said:

 

 

I like the worldbuilding idea! Let's play the #1 & #3 combined angles. I think you're right; it'll lend itself well to high drama and rich backstory. I'll follow your lead when our characters meet - if there's anything that Charles should already know about your character at the time that we meet, let me know! You can DM it to me if you want to keep the plot points a surprise until they're revealed to a broader audience.

It sounds like we have pretty compatible availability. I'm game to run the Ceres Metals op whenever you are - if you can just let me know with at least 48 hours' notice, we should be able to coordinate it!

But before we do that, I want to make sure we're actually using the same MegaMek program? I don't see anywhere that the pilot values you mention could be added into the game setup - when I start building my roster for a hosted game, these are the only pilot options I see. Let me know if I'm missing something?

image.thumb.png.b25dcfd2f5decbb5b623c5ad4239e7d4.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...