Anyone here play Elder Scrolls/Skyrim?

First Mate Davy

On 1/27/2020 at 4:32 PM, First Mate Davy said:

Does anyone here play any Elder Scrolls games?

I'm considering making an RP based in that universe. I've been reading about the Alessian slave rebellion that happened several thousand years before the games, and it seems like it could be a neat campaign setting. 

I have played it bef9re6 but it has been a long Time, what kind of RP is it? I Will help start, it's too bad that some of the other Old Folks like Keith aren't here anymore, they did fantasy things.

What do you mean by kind of RP? I'm pretty new at this, not sure what types there are. 

I was thinking the story would follow a group of people who are with Alessia's army - soldiers, camp followers, or some of both. I don't think there were mercenaries in this war (since rebelling slaves don't really have money to pay them) so I'm still trying to figure out how to make a large scale campaign like this work as a small group RP setting. 

On 1/29/2020 at 10:46 PM, First Mate Davy said:

What do you mean by kind of RP? I'm pretty new at this, not sure what types there are. 

I was thinking the story would follow a group of people who are with Alessia's army - soldiers, camp followers, or some of both. I don't think there were mercenaries in this war (since rebelling slaves don't really have money to pay them) so I'm still trying to figure out how to make a large scale campaign like this work as a small group RP setting. 

Yeah thats what I was wondering to know, if it was going to be a combat RP or another kind of Simulant. I would take the role of a warrior wizard or other combat person, let me know what role is Correct. 

A warrior wizard would definitely work. What kind of magic were you thinking of specializing in? (I bet you could do some really neat stuff with https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Conjuration Conjuration, since it let's you summon daedra. Or destruction for lightening and fireballs. But whatever you like is fine.) 

I need to write up a thing on geography and playable races, since they're different at this period in history. I'll get that posted as soon as I can, but there's a lot to write.

It's not a video game simulation really, just using the setting of the games - similar to what Captain Maxwell's RPs do with the Battletech setting. No dice rolls, but character's abilities and such are more based on what should be possible in the Elder Scrolls setting, than just what's shown in the games.

Maybe you could just conjure dead things (I'm not sure if there's a dead animal realm to conjure from, or if the games just did it that way for convenience), but it could be even more interesting if your character raised dead animals from actual bodies - they'd probably last longer that way, and having to kill your undead minions before raising them could lead to some creative roleplay situations. (Imagine going around with a pocket full of dead mice, and reanimating one when you need to have it pick someone's pocket.)

Here's what I have on available races so far. I've only filled in the section on nedes (humans who are the ancestors of imperials) so far, I have to add a lot more.

Wait. crap. You could conjure undead things, not... dead things. Captain Maxwell has informed me that dead (not undead) animals would not make very good battle minions.

Conjuration basically pulls things from various Oblivion realms and brings them to Mundus (the normal world). But I guess there could be an Oblivion realm with undead animals in it. Maybe Hricine's hunting grounds?

• Haha 1

LOL, summoning dead animals is really funny, you could terrorize people with the ability, like for instance your neighbor is some ass plug that doesn't like you playing your system past 11 PM, when he starts banging the floor, BOOM you can summon a dead and diseased cow into his living room to give him something worse to think about, just like they do in the Monty Python movie where they launch the disease cow over the wall. Or someone parks their car like a dip shit, BOOM dead great white shark in the front seat in the summer stinking up the place. Yeah it's a good revenge ability and Survival Option.

Woot! 

That's a euuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge Google Doc, lots of the infoes. I think I would want to be a human and the medicine wizard who can also do Military Things, can it be made to start like that?