Assault on Ceres Metal Works

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I probably should have spent this time working on an actual post but once again I got sucked into making a somewhat unnecessary excel file, lol. This time around I made one that can take any M

Updated file, turns out the name things was easier than I thought once I had some sleep, lol. Also, if you have two scenarios listed as pending in MekHQ the excel sheet cannot currently different

So right now it is built to use only the ".cpnx" campaign files that MekHQ saves, but only the files made with version 0.47.4. The older files (such as those in the pre-made campaign folders) may have

Posted Images

OOC = ".... and lastly, Here is the after battle Campaign File for Aegis attached.  I also noticed that we should have a Doctor in our unit to heal the one Wound that Hassan Has taken"

Master Tech Richards Reporting Sir... I have transported all of our damaged mechs into the Maintenance Facility, and I have recovered all the mechs we were able to salvage, until we receive our orders for their disposition.

I have not done any repairs yet, until we get further orders.

Aegis Division30281114_Cerres_Metal_Post1.cpnx

On 2/22/2020 at 3:25 PM, Charles Maxwell said:

Thank you, @mek_master! And thank you, Master Tech Richards. I'll review the maintenance roster with Commander Walsh to evaluate who needs to get the lion's share of the first round of repairs.

In just three days with the use of a full maintenance facility aboard our very own dropship, (if you will allow us this facility and the time to do the repairs), the techs are able to repair all of our mechs, except for one Upper Arm Actuator on the Orion Perses. We would also be able to fully repair the Longbow, the Marauder and the Ostsol. The recovered Wolverine and Dragon are still wrecks. I was able to do this with the action of hiring two additional techs, one veteran and one regular. Let me know what you think we are able to actually do...?

I also Hired three doctors with 4 medics each for their support, enough to take care of the Entire Aegis Division? I hope that wasn't too many?

But if this were the case, we could look like this by the end of the Day Nov 16, 3028. See attached.

Aegis Division30281116_Post5_End-of-Day3.cpnx

Edited by Mek_Master

Hey, @Mek_Master!

Oddly enough, I couldn't load the file - apparently, I'm missing the Longbow design? Screenshot attached. Would you mind sending me that one?

However, all of this sounds great, and thank you for being proactive about seeing to our staffing levels. The Marauder and the Longbow would be incredible additions to our roster.

OOC: One quick detail - it looks like we're gonna run this campaign by the books, and that's awesome! However, it also means that I failed to come up with contract terms before we actually launched it. I've been reading through the rules about generating payment and salvage terms, and there is a LOT to take in (https://archive.org/details/BATTLETECH_FIELD_MANUAL_MERCENARIES/page/n153/mode/2up). Can MekHQ roll a contract?

BTW, Aegis Division, in the BattleTech strategy computer game, has 47 million C-Bills in the bank. Does that sound realistic?

image.png.13f4bedc5d9270f8cb289ac430f5e554.png

Just from my own knowledge/experience here; 47 million c-bills is a little on the high side, its completely possible depending on how long the unit has been around and how good/lucky they've been on contracts. If I recall correctly that's pretty close to what you would start with for a mixed BattleMech company (60 million) (when creating a brand new unit using the Campaign Operations rules), or slightly more than a "Well-funded 3025-era Assault BattleMech Lance (40 million). In other words, that should be enough to buy a full assault lance, including all associated support personnel (technical, medical, and administration) and a down payment on a dropship.

Depending on how well established/large Aegis Division is at this point the 47 million is not unreasonable, but it is a lot I think. Not sure what the current operating costs are for the unit as it is in MekHQ right now, but we could probably go for quite some time without worrying about work if needed.

Also, if you're asking if MekHQ is capable of creating a contract, yes it can. Depending on the ruleset you picked when creating the campaign itself it can create all types of contracts for you, all of which you can customize to a large degree. Been playing around with it for my BeoWulf's Knights with Orlex and there is a surprising amount of stuff you can do, never realized how in depth MegaMek has gotten over the years.

19 hours ago, Charles Maxwell said:

Hey, @Mek_Master!

Oddly enough, I couldn't load the file - apparently, I'm missing the Longbow design? Screenshot attached. Would you mind sending me that one?

However, all of this sounds great, and thank you for being proactive about seeing to our staffing levels. The Marauder and the Longbow would be incredible additions to our roster.

OOC: One quick detail - it looks like we're gonna run this campaign by the books, and that's awesome! However, it also means that I failed to come up with contract terms before we actually launched it. I've been reading through the rules about generating payment and salvage terms, and there is a LOT to take in (https://archive.org/details/BATTLETECH_FIELD_MANUAL_MERCENARIES/page/n153/mode/2up). Can MekHQ roll a contract?

BTW, Aegis Division, in the BattleTech strategy computer game, has 47 million C-Bills in the bank. Does that sound realistic?

image.png.13f4bedc5d9270f8cb289ac430f5e554.png

akkk, Sorry, I mistook the Longbow 6Q as a canon unit. Aparrently, it it's not. Here is both the Longbow and the Tyche with the updated dates that I used.

... and as for running the contracts MekHQ can do all of it, but this is where it goes beyond my expertise, as I am not an ATB expert, though I have had other GM's who have ran them.

Longbow LGB-6Q.mtf Catapult CPLT-C1 Tyche.mtf

Edited by Mek_Master
On 2/25/2020 at 10:20 PM, Orlex Jaeger said:

Just from my own knowledge/experience here; 47 million c-bills is a little on the high side, its completely possible depending on how long the unit has been around and how good/lucky they've been on contracts. If I recall correctly that's pretty close to what you would start with for a mixed BattleMech company (60 million) (when creating a brand new unit using the Campaign Operations rules), or slightly more than a "Well-funded 3025-era Assault BattleMech Lance (40 million). In other words, that should be enough to buy a full assault lance, including all associated support personnel (technical, medical, and administration) and a down payment on a dropship.

Depending on how well established/large Aegis Division is at this point the 47 million is not unreasonable, but it is a lot I think. Not sure what the current operating costs are for the unit as it is in MekHQ right now, but we could probably go for quite some time without worrying about work if needed.

Also, if you're asking if MekHQ is capable of creating a contract, yes it can. Depending on the ruleset you picked when creating the campaign itself it can create all types of contracts for you, all of which you can customize to a large degree. Been playing around with it for my BeoWulf's Knights with Orlex and there is a surprising amount of stuff you can do, never realized how in depth MegaMek has gotten over the years.

Fair enough - I appreciate this insight! The 47 million C-Bill number is nothing that I'm married to - it was actually just the amount of money that Aegis Division had at the end of my HBS BattleTech playthrough. I also know that the numbers in that game are wildly outside of canon and probably don't reflect much in the way of 'realistic' BattleTech play at all.

I can't imagine Charles having enough capital on hand to fund a full assault lance at this point in his career. The unit literally only brought back with them four and a half 'Mechs (with a fifth being shipped back from the Periphery at some point) and a Leopard-class DropShip. Right now the unit is looking for property to set up shop - as it would happen, the old military base outside of town that Charles is looking at is the location that will later fall into disuse from its former occupants and become the Legionnaires' own Site 187 later on. That could potentially cost the lion's share of the 47 million that the unit has in the bank, if we want to play it that way. What do you think?

It sounds like I should have set up a contract in MekHQ before we launched, but I didn't know that MekHQ could do all of these wonderful things. ? I can make it a point to do so next time, or one of us could. In the short term, what sort of salvage rights and payment agreement do you figure we might have with the Lyrans for this one? Assume that Aegis is running either a B+ or an A- MRBC rating (in other words, they're still building their rep, but they've come into the Inner Sphere with good references from their Periphery employers).

On 2/26/2020 at 5:34 PM, Mek_Master said:

akkk, Sorry, I mistook the Longbow 6Q as a canon unit. Aparrently, it it's not. Here is both the Longbow and the Tyche with the updated dates that I used.

... and as for running the contracts MekHQ can do all of it, but this is where it goes beyond my expertise, as I am not an ATB expert, though I have had other GM's who have ran them.

Longbow LGB-6Q.mtf 1.66 kB · 0 downloads Catapult CPLT-C1 Tyche.mtf 1.77 kB · 0 downloads

That did it - thank you!

The unit looks beautiful. I'd say go for it; the only outstanding question I have is how much of that salvage do we get to keep? I just can't see the Lyrans wanting to be too generous with salvage rights with a massive war on and all. That Marauder would be a tasty-looking acquisition for any field commander who knows his stuff.