Assault on Ceres Metal Works

So I probably should have spent this time working on an actual post but once again I got sucked into making a somewhat unnecessary excel file, lol.

This time around I made one that can take any MekHQ campaign and extract some useful information. It's a first draft towards making something that can generate an Operation Briefing from a MekHQ generated Against The Bot MegaMek scenario. There's a few caveats for it to work currently.

1) In order to have a list of Ally/Enemy/Other NPCs there must be an Against The Bot scenario generated in MekHQ and waiting to be played (should say "Pending" under the Resolution column in MekHQ). If you select the mission in MekHQ and it shows the little folder icon and a force name that you can click on to open a list of enemy units, the excel file will be able to extract those. Otherwise it will only list the player's units.

2) The excel file does not currently provide names for any forces except the player character's, this turned out to be slightly more difficult than I had originally planned and had to put it off for now. I do plan to add it shortly.

3)The excel file currently only displays the results in a spreadsheet, while possibly slightly neater than looking at things in MekHQ (you can see all forces at once with relative ease), it does not currently provide any actual benefit. It does not export anything, and it does not show the same detail as in MekHQ (there are no pilot names currently). Also you have to hit the "Clear Data" button before loading a new file otherwise it may not display accurately.

4)Finally, I've had limited testing with this, just with a few saved games I've made and the Aegis one from the site here so there may be unforeseen bugs.

Campaign Data Extraction.xlsm

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I probably should have spent this time working on an actual post but once again I got sucked into making a somewhat unnecessary excel file, lol. This time around I made one that can take any M

Updated file, turns out the name things was easier than I thought once I had some sleep, lol. Also, if you have two scenarios listed as pending in MekHQ the excel sheet cannot currently different

So right now it is built to use only the ".cpnx" campaign files that MekHQ saves, but only the files made with version 0.47.4. The older files (such as those in the pre-made campaign folders) may have

Posted Images

Oh wow, that's super cool, @Orlex Jaeger - thanks again for yet another incredible build! I love the format in which it kicks out the data. I think that it would lend itself really well to both pulling a mission brief together and in creating the ability to generate a mid-campaign sitrep (like the one that Marius pulled for us at the outset of the Ceres Metals assault, but more detailed).

Question for you - when I loaded up Aegis Division30281114_Cerres_Metal_Pre1.cpnx (that @Mek_Master provided to us earlier in this thread), the 'Mechs and the date loaded in, but the pilots didn't. I also tried to load in the 'Wolf and Blake' scenarios in the \mekhq-windows-0.47.4\mekhq-windows-0.47.4\campaigns\Wolf and Blake directory, I saw the same behavior there, as well. Are there specific files that I should be using right now that I'm maybe not, or a setting I need to toggle?

19 hours ago, Mek_Master said:

Sure, depending on how inspired I am I can.

It'll certainly be easier for your character to make his introduction from your perspective than from mine! ?

So right now it is built to use only the ".cpnx" campaign files that MekHQ saves, but only the files made with version 0.47.4. The older files (such as those in the pre-made campaign folders) may have different tags and/or line numbers in them that aren't compatible with how I built the excel file. You can open any text based file with it though and it will try to do something, but most likely it won't work lol.

As for pilots, right now it does not have the ability to extract pilot info, though I am working on adding that when I have the chance. I should be able to add it soon though, just haven't worked out all the bugs on it yet.

• Thanks 1

Updated the campaign/scenario data extraction excel file to now show pilots for both player units and NPC units.

Also updated the file to work with all the MekHQ campaign files I have access too, including the older pre-made files that didnt work previously.

• Due to the way that the system saves pilot info for units that have multiple crew, the excel file doesn't show them properly. It currently will only get the first pilot name and only shows their skill levels, it does not take into consideration gunners, additional pilots, or any other vehicle crew member.

Campaign Data Extraction - New.xlsm

Edited by Orlex Jaeger
  • Thanks 1

Oh, awesome, @Orlex Jaeger - thanks for this insight and for the update!

I'm loading the attached file. When I do so, I see what's in the attached screenshot. I notice that the fields highlighted in red always load blank. Is the attached file eligible to load that data? Or is there a different type of savegame that I would need to get a successful load? I don't believe I have any 'mid-action' campaign files.

image.thumb.png.faea901ef970cf618f2b808048e37c9b.png

Aegis Division Mission 2 Pre 2 Edited.cpnx

Yeah, that file will always load blank currently because there is no saved scenario that is ready to be played. Once you have a mission setup in the Briefing Room tab and ready to play (where you can just click "Start Mission" and it launches MegaMek) if you save the campaign file then, the excel sheet will be able to extract the other force compositions, including pilot names and skill levels.

I'll link a campaign file I've been using for testing purposes that can show what all the other stuff looks like.

Testing Scenario Generation - Excel Testing,cpnx

• Thanks 1