Next Mission for the Aegis Division

Mek_Master

Hey there! 

This is really cool - I look forward to checking it out tomorrow. I was going to tonight, but got as far as building the new mission brief when I noticed that the site skin had shit the bed again. I've spent the rest of the night coding in a new one. I've got all afternoon tomorrow blocked off for finishing the setup of our new Operation and trying to work out how to get it into MegaMek. I'll make sure to check out the map as well. 

BTW - would you happen to know if there is a way to directly load a contract built offline into MekHQ, or to manually build one in the app? Specifically, @Mek_Master and I need to figure out how to load the values in the attached screenshot into the ongoing MekHQ file he's graciously maintaining for Aegis Division.

image.png.e3cbcdabb0882b3a267a41d867da8e3c.png

@Orlex Jaeger, BTW, I checked out the map, and it's brilliant! Really cool to see it represented visually - thanks for making it! Could be a really fun map to do a defense operation on in the near future.

By the way, is either of these buildings the STARSHIP Cantina? IIRC, we had decided it was near the base, but probably outside the gate.

image.thumb.png.bd1cea9fb05a952fc491e91b60aac125.png

I did not design it with either of those buildings specifically being the Cantina, I couldn't remember if it was supposed to be actually in the base (ie, in one of the underground silos, or elsewhere on site) or not so I opted not to specifically have it. But it would be easy enough to have it just off the map on the East side, you could easily have it like a minute down the road or something or we could incorporate it into the map itself easily enough as well.

4 hours ago, Orlex Jaeger said:

I did not design it with either of those buildings specifically being the Cantina, I couldn't remember if it was supposed to be actually in the base (ie, in one of the underground silos, or elsewhere on site) or not so I opted not to specifically have it. But it would be easy enough to have it just off the map on the East side, you could easily have it like a minute down the road or something or we could incorporate it into the map itself easily enough as well.

I definitely think having it a short way down the road, off the base, makes the most sense. Otherwise, it could be a huge security risk having it on-prem. ?

On 3/12/2020 at 9:25 PM, Mek_Master said:

Sorry for not replying in a while, I had to update my browser before I was able to reply to this topic.

I have taken care of Dexter => Marauder, and from Steve's previous post, assuming he drives a Stock Dragon 1N, I have GM added the Dragon 1N into the campaign file, so we should be ready for the next battle as long as we stay on Kimball II. When we try to leave Kimball II we'll face our logistical issues of lacking enough dropship space to move all our mechs.

Oh, also I noticed that Dexter might be better off if he identifies his in mech Pilot abilities... just saying.

So as long as these items are fact, and the Dragon was already owned at the time, then here is the updated campaign file attached.

... only question I have is ....   although Steve is currently GDL, he was also Kuritan born, and we now face Dieron Regulars, is there any sort of loyalty issue going on there, Steve Jenkins? ?

Aegis Division30281117_Mission2_Pre3.cpnx 902.8 kB · 0 downloads

No, Steve is kind of Shunned by the Kuritas on account of divorcing his parents, it's considered Dishonorable to dishonor your parents in the Draconis Combine.