Site Fixes

Hey, gang -

Some folks may have noticed certain pagination issues, problems with tagging other users, or other errant behavior from the site in the past week or two. I've applied a patch to the forums which appears to have fixed the issues - at least, for me. Please let me know if anyone continues to see any weirdness from the forum UX!

Also having the same issue with the "next page" button in multi-page threads. Also using Chrome.

Thought it was just me, had to go and enter the page I wanted into the address bar as a work around.

Also just double checked and still having that issue. Haven't noticed anything else at the moment though.

Thanks for the heads up, Orlex. Definitely seems to be multiple people. My ability to tag people just broke again, too. Support is implying it may be the skin we're using, but the skin they created hasn't solved the issue either. 

Does the site work properly for you in Microsoft Edge? So far, that is the only browser that does not seem to be impacted by this bug.

Are you guys seeing the attached issue? If so, can those of you who are impacted do the following test for me?

- Clear your browser cookies & cache

- Close completely out of the browser

- Re-launch it and check the results

- If the issue persists, can you post your browser version information here?

- If the issue persists, can you also try Microsoft Edge and tell me if it works there?

Thank you in advance for your help. Hopefully, we can sort this quickly. I'm sorry for how bad the site looks right now. We had to temporarily pull the skin to see if that was causing the issue (it doesn't appear to be the culprit).

I can confirm that the skin was not the problem in my case.

Still have the same issue even after clearing all cookies and cache, closing everything, restarting the computer even and trying again. No luck whether I'm logged in or not. This was all in Chrome.

Microsoft Edge surprisingly enough works fine (though to be honest not really surprised, we've had similar issues at work where things only work in Microsoft Edge for whatever reason).

After the Skin was gone I logged out of all my Browsers & cleared cookies and cache to the beginning of time and then rebooted % Then logged back into my computer and then opened the browser and it worked!! Google Chrome and Safari! AAAAAAmburgers and WOOTbeer!!!

MAD MAX or @Charles Maxwell (yah tagging works for me again) can we get a skin that isn't busted ass like this one tho, it hurts my eyes

Those steps (from Jenkins)...actually worked for me...! Thanks, Steve - clever... 

@Orlex Jaeger when you close out Chrome and then re open it, does it remember your tabs and what page you were on last? Cause Chrome has a REALLY irritating feature where it runs forever in the background and doesn't actually release all your session data. That's probably why Steve's fix worked, if your Chrome acts that way, here's how to fix it: www.groovypost.com/howto/stop-google-chrome-from-running-in-the-background/.

After you kill background processes, log out of this site, and then clear your browsing history through Chromes Privacy tab. Clear EVERYTHING, basic and advanced, back to the beginning of time. Then close out the browser, turn your computer totally off and then back on. Then try the site again. If you're doing the steps on a phone kill Chrome processes completely and reboot it. 

I also see the font weirdness in the The Universe thread, it looks like it's actually from where some of us copy pasted from other posts, I know I for one am a lazy bastard and I copy the planet or spaceship location from other people or my own previous post instead of typing it out all the time and it looks like other people do that too, I guess the site must pick up the theme in the copy action which frankly is weird. @Charles Maxwell can you fix that?

Orlex, this is all the brain pan info I have, let me know if it works. Other than that it's probably down to Charles and his support ticket. 

• Winner 1